Saturday, February 11, 2012

So Far From Home Where The Ocean Stood

Well hello hello. Finally getting settled here in Central Newfoundland. Had a bit of time to relax and a great quick trip to St.John's to remind me what its like to be social haha. Ive been a bit of a hermit in Grand Falls to say the least BUT this has provided me time to start some crafts, read a little and finally update my i pod.

One of my new delightful musical finds is Ben Howard. He's a 23 year old singer songwriter from England and my best way to describe him is a cross between David Gray and Jason Mraz (neither of which I listen a lot of music by oddly enough) and he has a bit of Andy Mckee type guitar thrown into some of his songs. Anyho....I like him....a lot....he is my current go to feel good music.




As a side note, I was driving home from the gym the other day and I suddenly had this overwhelming feeling of distraught because I realized that this is the first time in my life I have ever lived in a location where I can not readily see the ocean. I don't know why this bothered me, my houses were never directly on the ocean, it's not like I frolic in it daily. But for some reason knowing it isn't readily at my finger tips gave me a odd feeling (well....I am living on a island....so I guess It isn't that far...but still). Central Newfoundland you are giving me a weird for of claustrophobia.

No comments:

Post a Comment